Thursday, March 23, 2006

The most beautiful book...

I have just seen this thread on 2Peas and had to enter it here into my blog.

Beautiful Books. 1. What is the most beautiful book you own? 2. In what way is it beautiful? Is it the illustrations, the binding, a combination of these, or something else? 3. How often do you look at it, browse through it, read it?

The most beautiful book I own is my Bible. It is made from the softest leather, is small enough to fit into any bag I take out with me, so it accompanies me everywhere, and it's bright pink!!!! But what makes it really beautiful is the contents. There is soooo much in there, guidelines for how to live a good life, help when needed, a constant source of strength and encouragement......and full of verses that I've underlined, highlighted, marked in someway to help me find them again when I need them, there are scribbled notes in the margin, notes at the back of the book, it really is my constant companion. The leather corners on the covers are darkened through wear, there are pen marks on the cover, there are even coffee stains on some pages.........but as J. John once said "If your bibles falling apart - you won't be"......well it's not quite falling apart, but it's well on the way. To some it may look uncared for and grubby, but to me, it is the most beautiful book I've ever owned.

No comments: