Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Boldness...

...have been thinking a lot about boldness and wished I had more of it. Boldness to talk openly with my non-christian friends and also boldness with my christian frineds.....sometimes it's even harder to be bold with a brother/sister in Christ, as it can be uncomfortable and awkward. I've spent the last week in this very situation - I felt very strongly that I had to say something to a friend from church about a big decision she had made. I knew it wasn't something she was going to want to hear, but after agonising about it for 2 weeks - praying and fasting - I knew I had to do it. I was all ok, she appreciated what I said and why I had said it, but it led me to think an awful lot about the whole boldness thing. And I've realised that one thing I need more than boldness is obedience - if I was being totally obedient to God, I wouldn't have wasted 2 weeks worrying about doing it - I would have just gone and done it as soon as I felt God prompting me to say it.......

So there might be a new me emerging soon.......an obedient child of God, who acts when God tells me......not someone who regrets not having said this & that because I let fear take hold. Watch this space!!!

No comments: