Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Give and take.......

Some people in life give, and some people take........I am a 'giver' but it seems I am surrounded by 'takers'. We have had a run of people taking from us - some openly taking whatever we have to offer and some, taking in a more devious way, and then some who have openly stolen from us.........

At a time in my life where I need people to give to me, emotionally and spiritually, it seems I am not worth the bother. I am unable to give out anymore, I am completely empty - emotionally, spiritually and physically, and all those takers out there, where are they when I need them???? Nowhere!!!!!

So my life has become very small, it revolves around my husband and daughter, God (when I can lift my eyes long enough to seek Him) and my sewing. I find true peace when I sew, I can shut off and just concentrate on the sewing. I can shut off the hurt, pain and disappointment and pretend I don't care.........

Ultimately though, I am going to have to work out where my life is heading. Where I am going to be, what I am going to be, and who I'll allow to join me........but all that takes effort, and I don't have the energy right now, so for now I'm staying in limbo.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is exactly the way I feel many times, but there will be the time when God will you with givers...

My name is Ana and I recently created a blog for christian everyday moms called EVERYDAY M.MOMS, I would appreciate if you could come and visit us sometime.

Here's our link http://everydaymmoms.blogspot.com/

Happy weekend,

Ana~

Anonymous said...

I found you through CWO Blogroll!!! It sounds like you are going through a tough period right now! I am going to add you to my prayer list! Thanks for being so honest!!!

Quiltingranny said...

Jules: I believe I was led to your blog through Christian Women Blog. I have felt the same way you do many times in my life. Having just undergone 2 major back surgeries this summer, our church prepared and delivered meals for us for 3 weeks, another member took and picked up our 3 grandchildren we are raising. A dear friend took over a month off 4 days at a time to fill in when my husband was working. I learned to pick up my bible and read, I asked for prayers from others and people sent me books from Joyce Meyer. I have been in the place you are now & sweetie, let me tell you, if you will just pray to the Father when you first open your eyes, He will give you peace. For an escape, hop on over to my blog and relax:
www.quiltingranny.blogspot.com

Jenna said...

How are you? I hope the darkness has lifted. It sounded like you were in a very lonely and scary place.

Unknown said...

Lifting prayers for you.

Praying that you feel the presence of Jesus with you...