Monday, June 04, 2007

Just do it.......

Why is it, that when God shows an area of our life that needs our attention, we try to avoid doing what needs doing??? Why do we think we can outwait God??? Why does it take sooo long to realise that when God wants you to address something - he wants you to address it and he will wait until you have addressed it??? Wouldn't I grow quicker if I just did what needed to be done???

When God shows me something that needs work, can I really think that by procrasting, ignoring, avoiding, debating it will let me off the hook? If God shows me something that needs attention, then it needs attention....and the quicker I get it done the less painful I can make it for myself. I can take years playing at sorting something out, going through lots of heartache, taking steps forward but also taking some steps backwards and not really moving forward at all - OR I can accept that God knows when and what needs to be looked at and 'just do it'.........because God won't let you leave it, God will wait and wait and wait until you realise that He isn't going away and neither is the issue. So I can take years taking a few small steps or I can take a deep breath, be obedient and push on through and be triumphant.

When you see it written down, it is so obvious isn't it??? So I'm going to adopt that as my personal motto.......Just Do It........lets see if I go through less heartache and grow quicker

No comments: