Sunday, January 21, 2007

Growth......

This year has started amazingly. As I've said before, I've really felt God speaking to us about 'growth and stepping up'...........me and Ross have taken on some new things and are really excited about them. We have taken over the coffee at church on Sundays, we want to create a nice environment where people want to come and sit and have coffee and chat before the service starts. It's been going very well for the last few weeks and we have had lots of great feedback and lots of offers for help - we are trying to build a team who are willing to serve and enjoy chatting, serving and most importantly washing up!!!!!

The other area where we felt God challenging us was in starting up our own housegroup. We discussed it with Mark, our pastor, asked a few people from church if they would like to join us and I'm really excited to let you know that our first meeting is on Tuesday. We have a good core of people to start the group and are praying that we can gather more and more people into the group.

We have just finished a week of prayer, in which God spoke to me very clearly about a few issues. I have been really praying that God will tell me what direction he wants to lead me in. I'm so excited by where I'm going, there will be lots of hard work and some courses to go on, but I'm ready for the challenge. I will reveal more as it all unfolds.

I don't usually make New year Resolutions but this year I am determined to allow God to direct every aspect of my life. My resolution is to serve God wholly with everything I have. This is going to be a fantastic year!!!

No comments: